Made of polyamide, most kinetic straps stretch 20—30% of their length - used to extricate a severely bogged down vehicle from sand or mud.
A rated alloy recovery bow shaped shackle with screw pin (US Fed spec RR–C-271b) is used in a recovery situation to attach recovery straps, chains, cables or ropes as well as bridles and lanyards to professionally fitted recovery points.
The sizes suit a variety of vehicle weights so it is worth taking a selection.
Do not use commercial (unrated) or D shackles for vehicle recoveries. Watch the video clip below of a simulated 'failed' recovery which may occur if the incorrect shackle is used.
SKU:Rated Bow Shackle
- On the rated shackle the pin and shackle body will be of a different diameter (pin is thicker).
- The body is embossed with the Work Load limit and batch number.
- The bow presents a larger inner working radius offering more space for attachment of straps and greater working angles when recovering.
- Always remember to slacken off a shackle pin by one half turn before recovering, this makes it easier to open afterwards.
- The following sizes are available
- 2.0 ton
- 3.25 ton
- 4.75 ton
- 6.5 ton
- 8.5 ton
Watch the videos below for a simulated failed recovery! Always use a Rated Bow Shackle during a recovery, to help prevent a recovery point from failing.
WHERE TO PURCHASE
To purchase a SECURETECH product please visit one of the the stores below or click here to contact Special Industrial Supplies.